Your Ultimate Guide to Corporate Diwali Gifts
Celebrated every year in the autumn by millions of people, Diwali is the most significant festival in the Indian culture. It is also probably the favourite and most celebrated Indian festival even by non-Indians worldwide. The beautiful festival of light celebrates new beginnings (also known as the Hindu New year) and the triumph of good over evil.
It is not only a good gesture but also customary to exchange gifts on Diwali. As Diwali approaches, people from different facets become increasingly indecisive about gift-giving.
In the business world, it is important to make your employees feel valued and cared for. You must shower them with gifts and goodies from time to time to nurture stronger and better professional relationships. And the auspicious occasion of Diwali is a great instance for corporate gift-giving.
The reason I’m writing this blog is that I understand that the act of gift-giving becomes much more difficult when you have to give gifts to employees. You want to tick-off all the right boxes and avoid any mistakes. You want to make sure that you give them a meaningful and memorable gift but at the same time maintain the formal code of conduct.
Presenting a list of 20 Well-thought-out Diwali Gift Ideas for Employees:
1. Point-based rewarding: Did you know that it is actually possible to handle corporate gifting without any hassles? In a point-based rewarding system, each employee is part of an employee rewards platform where employer/management can allot points to their employees as gifts or rewards. The employees can redeem these points earned by them and use them to buy goods/services from different categories – like merchandise, travel, lifestyle etc.
Click here to learn about Vantage Circle’s benefits platform.
2. Gift Cards: Gift cards are a great corporate gift for all seasons. They offer the flexibility of choice to your employees and they can actually use it to buy something they would definitely use. Although it lacks the touch of personalization, it is a very safe corporate gifting solution. All you have to do is choose the best gift card options available.
3. Super subscription: A unique yet extremely useful gift is a free subscription.It can be a magazine, streaming services, courses and special skills etc, there are subscriptions for pretty much any hobby or interest you can think of. Getting a free Netflix subscription for say six months will definitely cheer your employees up!
4. Holiday Happenings: Diwali is the time for family and friends. Your employees will definitely appreciate it if you give them a little extra time off to celebrate the festival with their dear ones. It is one of the most thoughtful things you can do for them.
5. Cash in hand: Diwali is celebrated along with Laxmi Puja and it is associated with money, prosperity and wealth. Sending bonus cheques to your employees is a great way to ring in the festival.
6. Classic Feng Shui: The heritage Chinese artwork, Feng Shui is believed to capture auspicious luck and happiness through beautiful and artistic figures. They are commonly found in Indian households and they make for great corporate gift ideas. Some of the most common feng shui elements are Tortoise, three-legged frog, lucky bamboo, laughing buddha, chimes etc.
7. Surprise grab bag: A little thought goes a long way. If you want to make your employees feel a little extra special, here’s a great idea for you. You can make the whole gift-giving fun by curating a few combinations of gift hampers for your employees. The hamper can have items such as movie tickets, gift vouchers, office essentials, phone covers, water bottles etc. You can then ask your employees to randomly choose a Surprise grab bag.
8. Grow-a-tree: Who wouldn’t like Bonsai trees? They are beautiful, cute and are a great addition to any indoor garden. Some good trees for bonsai include Juniper, pines, spruces, cedars, magnolia, elms and oaks. Most bonsai are grown for outdoor environments using temperate climate trees.
9. Chocolate Delight: Chocolate makes everything better. A chocolate box with a combination of various types of chocolates is an evergreen gifting option. You can have a combination of dark chocolates, imported candies and chocolates, milk chocolates, exotic handmade chocolates etc. You can just never go wrong with it!
10. Sweet tooth basket: One cannot have too many sweets for Diwali. Diwali is the time when friends and families come together and having sweets is an integral part of the celebration. From Gulab jamun, Motichoor ke laddoo, Rasgulla, Kaju barfi to Soan Papdi to ghujia the range of gift options is just huge. Giving sweets basket to employees is a great way to add sweetness and joy in their celebrations.
11. Desk Essentials Combo: Your people spend a huge amount of their time in the workplace. Getting new, unique and elegant-looking office essentials on Diwali will definitely improve the vibe of the workplace. Essentials can include Digital organizers, engraved metal pens, professional notebooks, reporters. You can easily compile these items and gift them as a gift basket.
12. Aromatic Candle set: Decorative, scented and colourful set of candles make great gifts for office staff. They are therapeutic and also can help them relieve stress. It will also add a touch of elegance and finesse to their interior.
13. Metallic home décor gift hampers: It is a common Indian custom to give metallic gift items on Diwali. Metallic decor items, copper idols of deity, silver glasses, brass or silver bowls, silver spoons etc make excellent Diwali gifts.
14. On-the-go electronics: Electronics such as Smartwatches, Fitness Trackers, Portable Bluetooth speaker, headphones, phone adapters, power banks are favourite gift items among millennials and GenZers. A good quality electronics product will be highly appreciated by them.
15. The goodness of assorted dry fruits: Another classic and most favourite Diwali gift is a basket of assorted dry fruits. They are not only classic and elegant looking gift option, but they are also full of health benefits. They can be stored easily and are quite easy to transport and distribute, making them pretty suitable as bulk corporate gifts.
16. Custom-made goodies: If you want to go for unique Diwali gifts, the best thing to do is to go for personalized gifts. You can run a quick survey to understand your employees' likes, dislikes and preferences. Once the results are in you can plan gifts accordingly. Another way to add a personal touch is adding a nametag or engrave your employees’ name in gift items. Keychains, engraved metal pens, photo frames, coffee mugs etc can make great corporate Diwali gifts for employees.
17. Household essentials: A very common corporate Diwali gift in India is kitchen essentials and home electronics. You can up your game and give them a piece of modern kitchen gadget such as coffee machine, hand blender, air fryer, toaster etc. These kinds of gifts are considered auspicious during Diwali and usher goodwill at home.
18. Creative art pieces: You can also select beautiful and creative art pieces from a wide range of selections easily available on online gift stores. People love adding new pieces to their homes on Diwali, therefore, it makes a great corporate gift for both employees and clients.
19. Accessories Combo: Next on this list is the accessories gift hamper. You can make a combo out of certain small yet extremely useful daily accessories items for your employees. It can include office accessories notebooks, cable wires, pen drives, mousepad etc. You can make a combo of formal wear accessories such as Ties, Pocket squares, cufflinks, wallets, watches or clutches and handbags for women.
20. Ethnic touch: Any Indian festivity feels incomplete without the ethnic attire. As a Diwali gift, you can give your employees a beautiful Indian piece of clothing, maybe a kurta for men and a saree for the women. This will not only be useful and memorable to them but they’ll also take special pride in flaunting it.