50 Self-Appraisal Comments For Your Next Performance Review
Performance reviews can be jittering for anyone, particularly when it comes to self-appraisal or self-evaluation. It is often difficult to analyze what to say and what to omit while writing a self-evaluation.
This article will help you see how self-appraisal is essential to performance management and learn 50 phrases that you can use during your performance appraisal.
Self-appraisal is also known as self-assessment, and it is a popular tool used by managers to assess their employees’ performance. It is the opportunity for employees to shine and evaluate their own performance during the time of promotions or feedback. These performance appraisal processes act as a bridge between the expectations set and the performance.
These assessments create a medium for open communication, improved interpersonal skills, and opportunities and developments in the workplace. It provides employees the chance to discuss personal issues and their progress. Also, it helps an employee to showcase their skills with team members and show their managers their potential—a type of self-criticism an employee needs to maintain healthy work progress.
Now that you have known about self-appraisal comments let’s delve a little deeper into it.
Benefits of Self Appraisal
Self-appraisal is a significant part of your performance review, because it reflects your self-awareness and professional development. As an employee, it is important to be self-aware because you become conscious about your strengths and weaknesses and how others perceive you. Higher the sense of awareness, higher the chances of having better self-confidence, stronger relationships, and enhanced decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Self-awareness helps you improve on an individual level and grow professionally which impacts the company’s growth as well. Research by Kerry Fong Institute shows that employees working in poor-performing organizations had 20 percent more blind spots than employees who work at financially equipped organizations.
50 Self Appraisal Comments to Use in Your Next Performance Review
First and foremost, when you are writing a self-appraisal for yourself, you must keep the following factors in mind.
What you must continue doing- Remember to mention your contributions towards the team, your accomplishments, time management, and work efficiency.
Recognize your blind spots- Understand what affects your peers or managers negatively with your specific doings.
What you must start doing- Now is the time to start doing new projects to come out of your comfort zone.
Once you've done this analysis, you are ready to write your self-evaluation comments.
Now, without further ado, let’s take a dig at 50 sample self-appraisal comments you can use on your next performance review.
- With strong communication skills, I communicate my expectations to my team without being imposing.
- I can communicate effectively on various levels in our company.
- I can take and give constructive feedback and deal well in sensitive situations.
- I convey my ideas and opinions effectively to different teams and individuals.
- I share information transparently with peers for team success.
- I can communicate with clients with a convincing speech.
- If my peers have done an excellent job, I never fail to appreciate them, either personally or publicly.
- I am proud of my job, and I value my responsibilities.
- I never hesitate to participate in challenging tasks and go above and beyond.
- I take my job responsibilities seriously and believe in working in a team-oriented work environment.
- With sheer dedication, I have exceeded my (mention your goal) performance goal by (mention the numbers).
- I have decreased (e.g. costs and customer churn) by (insert specific number here) percent.
- I always challenged myself to become a better performer every day.
- I gladly help my peers by collaborating and assisting them in difficult situations.
- I never fail on my commitments and continuously keep them informed about the challenges I incur.
- I have completed (Add numbers) percent of my decided deadlines.
- I refrain from procrastination and possess good time management skills.
- I tend to plan and prioritize my meetings with clients and the team.
- I am always on time and always start my day with enthusiasm and positivity.
- I never hesitate to seek guidance from my leaders whenever necessary.
- I follow proper email etiquette while replying to customers and peers.
- I can very well handle irate and hostile customers by (explain your tactics).
- I actively listen to customers to decipher their point of view.’
- I never fail to update our customers about the recent ongoings and products.
- I have achieved a total of (specify numbers) on my customer service survey.
- I work continuously to enhance the customer experience (mention the examples)
- I always try to think from the customer’s point of view to understand their psyche and perspective towards us.
Innovation and Creativity
- I keep looking forward to improving our work processes continually.
- If you noticed, my idea of (mention the idea) has been a success, showing my creativity.
- I have an eye-for-detail and always think out-of-the-box while looking for solutions.
- I still collaborate with the team while brainstorming and come up with new ideas.
- I faced multiple challenges like (mention the challenges), but I successfully tackled it by (mention the solution).
- I try to think from everyone’s perspective and find solutions that benefit everyone.
- I can adapt to new predicaments quickly and open to possibilities.
Growth and Development
- My personal goal is my priority, and I set my personal development.
- I keep myself updated with recent trends and apply them in my work regularly.
- My commitment to my work adds to my personal growth, and I believe in training to improve my skills.
- I continuously seek opportunities to connect with employees from various fields.
- I take progressive steps towards achieving my goals and visualize my long-term plans.
- I am a quick learner and can quickly adapt to changes.
- I am curious and always tend to learn new things.
Opportunities for Improvement
- Even though I am transparent, I have noticed my team doesn’t think I am, and I will work on it further.
- I have a knack for customer service, yet I need to follow up more often, and I am continually working on it.
- I always have positive thinking, yet some people find it difficult to hold a conversation with me, and I want to break this misconception.
- I have good communication skills, but I need to work on my public speaking skills as it gets difficult to interact with large groups sometimes.
- Sometimes, I tend to get stuck with only one task; I need to enhance my multi-tasking skills.
- I have many ideas to share, but sometimes I feel shy to share everything.
- I know my team’s needs, yet sometimes I fail to work according to the work calendar.
- Even though I am a happy-go-lucky person, people still mistake me for being arrogant and rude. Even though I value my peers, I can sometimes come across as unapproachable.
- Sometimes, I forget to probe and ask for suggestions and keep working solo; there, I need to improve and become more proactive.
Writing self-appraisal comments can sometimes become tedious and lengthy, but it holds immense importance in one’s personal growth and company growth. For your next performance review, remember to put some of these phrases into practice and let us know if it was helpful.