Christmas is that wonderful time of the year when people get together with their loved ones and celebrate with pomp and gaiety. It is the perfect opportunity to get closer to your employees and start afresh with new goals for the New Year.
Celebrating Christmas in your office can harbor new relationships, build existing ones, and do wonders for your workforce as a whole. It can provide respite to your employees from workplace stress and create harmony among everyone in the workplace. It will also serve as the best opportunity to reward and appreciate your employees for all their hard work in the past year.
Although Christmas is celebrated by companies in many countries throughout the world, it all comes down to personal and cultural preferences whether to celebrate it or not. And even though planning a Christmas party can prove to be a stressful and expensive task, doing so can greatly benefit employers and their employers alike.
A company holiday event like a Christmas party can help build positive team morale and increase employee motivation. Furthermore, such an event is also great for team-building and increasing employee productivity.
A Christmas party at work can help -
- Increase employee productivity
- Build team morale
- Relieve workplace stress
- Appreciate and reward employees
- Improve employee retention and encourage loyalty
- Create new relationships and strengthen existing ones
- Create team-building activities and many more
So, are you interested to organize a Christmas party in your workplace that your employees would love to attend?
This article will help you create an amazing office Christmas party that will bring out the Christmas spirit in your employees. Also, I’ve enlisted a few unique Christmas holiday party ideas and themes that you can choose from if you want to make your event a memorable one.
Before you throw your office Christmas party you must take care of a few things first -
- Choose the date and the time of day when you want the party to happen.
- Choose the venue of the party and make bookings beforehand.
- Send invites to all your employees, promoting your event.
- Choose the magnitude of the party and set your budget accordingly.
- Buy and pack the presents you will gift your employees with.
Choose a theme
After doing the above, it’s time to choose and decide a theme for your event. Choosing a different Christmas theme every year will make sure every Christmas party is a unique one.
Play festive music and decorate the venue with candy canes, Santa hats and more, all according to the theme. Also, bring in a photo booth where people can get their pictures taken with each other.
You can also set a dress code if you want and if you do, inform your employees beforehand about it.
Here are some great Christmas party themes to choose from -
- Secret Santa Theme
- Dessert Buffet Theme
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Theme
- White Elephant Theme
- Gingerbread House Theme
- Winter Wonderland Theme
Choose activities and games for the party
Make your office Christmas party a great one with fun activities and games. Having interesting activities to participate in will increase excitement and motivation among employees.
Including Christmas party games will facilitate team bonding and cooperation. Also, it is a great way to keep employees engaged and interested in your event.
Here are a few examples of fun games and activities to play and do in an office Christmas party -
- Christmas Carol Bingo
- Gift Exchange Game/White Elephant
- Name That Christmas Song
- Gift Wrap Relay
- Christmas Card Swap
- Scavenger Hunt
- Go Ice Skating
- Watch a Christmas movie in a Movie Theater
Things to keep in mind
If you’ve taken care of the aforementioned steps, you’re almost on the road to throwing a successful office Christmas party. But to make sure nothing goes wrong during the party, here are some things you should keep in mind -
- To ensure that you have enough time in your hands for preparing the party, start at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Ask your employees to decide on the date of the party. It should be one when all your employees are available so that everyone is present at the party.
- Allocate the budget for your party and also keep some spare money for last-minute emergency supplies.
- If you have set a theme for your party then you must decorate your venue accordingly. Also, if you have set a dress code then it is imperative that you inform your employees beforehand.
- Since the foods and drinks are the main attraction of a Christmas party, make sure that you pay special attention to them. You should include a good variety of foods and drinks and there should be enough for everyone. Also, make sure there are available options for people with special dietary preferences like vegans.
- Make necessary arrangements for music to keep your employees entertained throughout the party. You can hire a DJ or a band to ensure that everyone is having a great time.
- Encourage your employees to interact and bond with each other at the party. Also, you can incentivize the games and activities to increase participation.
An office Christmas party for your employees can turn out to be a lot more than just a fun time together. From strengthening team dynamics to increasing performance, a successful Christmas party can benefit your entire company in ways more than one. It is also the perfect opportunity to recognize and reward employees for their contribution to the company.
So, re-energize your workforce and celebrate your company’s achievements in the past year by throwing a great office Christmas party. Just don’t forget to join in on the fun, grab your Santa hat and get into the festive spirit with your employees!