5 Amazing Tricks To Recharge Your Mid-Week Motivation
Although Mondays are infamously hated, some people say Wednesday is the hardest day of the week to get through. These mid-week blues can surely have an impact on creativity and ambition. And to get through it, we all need a little mid-week motivation.
Read our blog on: Employee Motivation- A Comprehensive Guide
However, most people struggle to find inspiration in the middle of the week. It is because they don't have a strategy for managing their days and weeks. So, how can you ensure that your mid-week starts with the right note? Here are five tips to help you.
5 Tips To Re-energize Your Mid-week Motivation
1. Treating yourself
Take a seat and relax. Don't you think you've already earned a reward because you're halfway there? Take a short walk, stretch at your desk, or indulge in your favorite treat: coffee, chocolate, or some delicious takeout!
In a nutshell, do whatever brings you joy. Don't be scared to spend some time alone during your working hours. Meditating, writing in a notebook, calling a loved one, paying attention to your feelings, and letting go of your stress are all good ideas.
2. Break the rule
Who says you have to work from Monday through Friday? How about visiting exciting destinations throughout the week, then catching up on work on the weekend?
However, encourage your employees to take accountability for their duties so that they can establish their own work-life balance.
Read our blog on: 6 Easy Ways to Foster a Culture of Accountability in the Workplace
The best part of working on a Saturday is that no one is expecting an email reply, you may take as many breaks as you like, and you are not required to attend any meetings. As a result, you may find yourself working for hours and still wanting to do more.
3. Use Social Media
Have you ever considered using social media to encourage your staff and establish a feeling of ownership throughout the organization? If not, you should start leveraging it right away.
If your company is currently on social media sites like Linkedin, Facebook, and Twitter, you already have a significant audience. Your followers are accessible to your employees as well.
Wouldn't it be great if you started sharing all of your employees' incredible achievements on social media? You can use personal shout-outs on social media sites like Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook. It might be as simple as posting a few lines on something outstanding one of your employees performed that day. You can also go big with graphics and videos!
You can also hold mid-week live panels with your employees on what it's like to work for your company.
4. Declutter your workspace
Sticky notes, empty water bottles, overcrowded cabinets, marker pens, a damaged pair of headphones, and, wait, are there tomato sauce sachets in the corner of your work desk? Gross!
When my workspace is cluttered, I find it difficult to concentrate. And I am sure it happens to you and your employees too. On every Wednesday or Thursday, take a few minutes to clean up your desk. Remove any trash, and disinfect your work environment so you can come back to a clean desk the next morning. (Trust me, it makes mid-weeks a whole lot more bearable!) And yes, declutter your email boxes as well. Infact, you can turn it into a work event where employees with the cleanest desk get rewarded.
Greenery helps me connect with nature and relax while I work. If that works for you as well, keep a tiny plant on your desk and water it every day.
5. Read and spread the superpower of quotes
Some refer to Wednesday as Hump Day or Slump Day. It's the down day, the day when little gets done. Or, as the Urban Dictionary defines, "climbing the proverbial hill to get through a tough week."
It's a day to look forward to because once you get over the "hump" of Wednesday, the rest of the week will be much smoother. Encourage your staff to get ready for Hump Day on Tuesday so that they have a good time. Encourage them to come to the office early and have a positive mindset to have a strong start.
As we know, positive energy can lift one's spirits and deflect negative energy at work. And, motivational quotes are an excellent way to keep employees feeling positive in their work.
Below, I've put up a list of some nice mid-week motivation quotes for you to share with your team. Display these quotes in your office for everyone to see, or share them over your social media channels. Also, ask them to share their favorite quote that helps them get through the week. The goal is to spread the word!
50 Oh-So-Relatable Mid-Week Motivation Quotes
- Wednesdays are like Mondays in the middle of the week! – Lee Fox Williams
- On Wednesday afternoons I could be practically anything. – Kit Williams
- Wednesdays will always bring smiles for the second half of the week. – Anthony T. Hincks
- If all our national holidays were observed on Wednesdays, we could wind up with nine-day weekends. - George Carlin
- Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus. – Alexander Graham Bell
- Good Morning! Part of me thinking ‘Wow, it’s Wednesday already and the other part is thinking ‘What do you mean, it’s only Wednesday?! - Unknown
- Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions. – Albert Einstein
- What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. – Winston Churchill
- Keep calm, it's hump day! – Unknown
- People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. – Zig Ziglar
- Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right! – Henry Ford
- Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right! – Henry Ford
- Wednesday: Halfway to the weekend! Enjoy your day! – Unknown
- My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays. – Arsene Wenger
- Focus on good thoughts and good things will happen. Happy Wednesday stay positive. Think positive. Do positive a very good morning. – Anonymous
- Wednesdays were the best thing about Atlantis. The middle of the week was a traditional holiday there. Everyone stopped work and celebrated the fact that half the week was over. – Walter Moers
- Happy Wednesday! Cast your love to all, trust in the team to which you are joined, and do not do wrong to others for your own self-gratification. – Byron Pulsifer
- When people refer to ‘Back in the Day,’ it was a Wednesday. Just a little fun fact for you. – Dane Cook
- Wednesday will be amazing so wake up and smile. – Unknown
- On Wednesdays we wear pink. – Mean Girls
- To some, it’s Hump Day. To us, it’s Wednesday’s getting its ass kicked and Thursday just asking Friday to switch places. – Dwayne Johnson
- Either you run the day or the day runs you. – Jim Rohn
- Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Work, continuous work and hard work, is the only way to accomplish results that last. – Hamilton Holt
- A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn’t feel like it. – Alistair Cook
- The next time you feel slightly uncomfortable with the pressure in your life, remember no pressure, no diamonds. Pressure is a part of success. – Eric Thomas
- Heaven knows the difference between Sunday morning and Wednesday afternoon. God longs to speak as clearly in the workplace as He does in the sanctuary. – Max Lucado
- Each morning is the open door to a new world – new vistas, new aims, new plans, new things…Wednesday morning is no less. – Unknown
- Wednesday will either make you or break you. You are either on the upward trend or the downward slide to the end of the workweek. Give it all you got this Wednesday! - Catherine Pulsifer
- Wednesday is a day to help others celebrate life. You and only you are accountable for what you extend and give to others. One smile not only increases your value but it gives joy to each person you meet. - Byron Pulsifer
- Did you say, it’s only Wednesday? Can I have more coffee please??? - Unknown
- A Wednesday with no rain is a dry hump day. – Demetri Martin
- It’s Wednesday! I’m breathing, I’m healthy, I’m truly blessed, I’m grateful for this day.” - Unknown
- By Wednesday, work is something that’s easy to complain about. But at the end of the day, you’re making money and making a living. - Unknown
- Happy Wednesday! Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. – William Shakespeare
- Haven’t you heard? Wednesdays are the new Fridays. - Unknown
- The only way I can get through Wednesday is by avoiding people who call it Hump Day.- Unknown
- Sometimes all takes is just a little smile to get us up and over the hump. - Unknown
- When a day that you happen to know is Wednesday starts off sounding like Sunday, there is something seriously wrong somewhere. – John Wyndham
- In life only one thing is certain, Friday will come. - Unknown
- Always keep a bottle of wine in the fridge for special occasions, you know, like Wednesday. - Unknown
- Wednesday: it’s almost, sorta, kinda, close to, just, about nearly the weekend. - Unknown
- I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – Thomas Edison
- Okay! I did Monday and Tuesday. I would like to move straight to Friday now. - Unknown
- Today is “Wake up Wednesday.” Don’t just slide out of bed today. Jump out of bed and go for an early morning run if that will wake you up. Listen to energetic music that will pump you up for the day ahead. Grab a nice cup of coffee and get ready to tackle your day. - Unknown
- Today is “walk it off” Wednesday. If something is bothering you, walk it off by taking a walk and getting some fresh air. Then, see if there is anything you can do to resolve this issue. Sometimes, however, all we need is some time to go outside for a walk to get some air. That act alone can help us calm down. - Unknown
- Today is “Work Hard Wednesday.” While you should give it your best every day, this Wednesday, remind yourself of how your hard work will pay off. Instead of phoning it in today, make an effort in every little thing you do. See how much of a difference your hard work makes and strive to work hard every day. - Unknown
- On this Wednesday, you might be waiting for the right time to do that thing that you have always wanted to do but never found the right time. If you keep asking yourself “when” the right time is, the answer is now! Now is the time to seize the day and make your goals a reality. Do not let anyone hold you back, including your own self. - Unknown
- Happy Wednesday! You are who you are; be happy with what you are called to do. Do not pretend to be like someone else for your gifts are unique to help lead you to success as only you can define. Have a good day. - Byron Pulsifer
- Keep Calm. It’s only Wednesday. We still have 2 more days to go. - Unknown
Over To You!
Every day brings its own set of challenges and rewards to look forward to. Wednesday is no exception. Infact, when Wednesday becomes the best day of the week, it shows we live a meaningful life and know how to make the most of every moment.
But for whatsoever reason, if you're feeling fatigued in the middle of the week, try one of the five motivation-boosting tactics. Make a few lifestyle adjustments to better suit your needs, or devise your own self-motivational strategies. To stay focused and productive during the week, you'll need to create a strategy that works for you.
And, did you enjoy the above mid-week motivation quotes? And let us know which one was your favorite? We would love to hear from you!!