88 Farewell Messages For Your Employee and Co-workers
Bidding farewell to your employees and fellow colleagues can be really hard. It is one of those emotional moments in an organization where you have to bid adieu to your favorite person.
And in between those emotions flowing in finding the right choice of words can be challenging. You want your message to be meaningful but remain composed and professional at the same time. A farewell message will not only make them feel valued but it will also show that the organization held them in high regard along with an excellent company culture.
If you are scratching your head about the right farewell message then do not worry. Below is a list of 88 heartwarming messages that your parting employees and colleagues will cherish forever. So scroll down and pick the one that resonates the best with you.
88 Heartfelt Farewell Messages For Your Employees and Co-workers
Writing down meaningful farewell messages to a colleague is not easy. You have to find the right tone, meaning, and intention behind it. Saying goodbye to awesome colleagues is hard and difficult. But you can try your best to bid them farewell through these choice genuine messages.
(Picture Source: Farewell post via Vantage Circle’s Social Feed)
1. I have learned a lot from you during your time here. I wish you all the success for the future and I know you will rock in that new position. Thank you and farewell!
2. I am seriously going to miss you here. Best of luck for your new endeavor and the never-ending adventures. See you soon!
3. In addition to being a colleague, you have been a great friend at work. I am lucky that we worked together. Let’s be in touch always!
4. This is a whole new and exciting opportunity for you. We still cannot believe that you will be leaving us. Good luck out there and please keep in touch.
5. Your decision-making skills have always inspired me to be at your level. Farewell and good luck, sir!
6. Your contributions to this organization have been immense and tremendous. Hope you keep doing your good work in your next job as well. It was a pleasure working with you. Goodbye, my friend!
7. Being a manager can be hard but your performance always made my work easy. We are really going to miss your work here. All the luck and good wishes for your future!
8. The monthly targets and performance which you achieved here were amazing. You set the standards to another level here. With a heavy heart, we bid you farewell!
9. Your support and encouragement during the difficult and the good times were inseparable. We’ll share nothing but all the good memories of you here. All the best for your future endeavors!
10. [Name], thank you for your patience, kindness and the love you shared. We learnt a lot from you. All the best in your new job!
Similar Articles: 40 Heartfelt Thank You Messages For Colleagues
11. Working with a colleague like you was so much fun. We are going to miss you here. Farewell, friend!
12. Thank you for making the workplace a fun place to be. It has been a pleasure to work with you. Farewell, and wish you all the success in your new job!
13. The knowledge that you shared with us and the learning you bought cannot be compared with anything. You have been a true and amazing leader to us. Thank you so much for everything. Your new coworkers are going to gain a truly wonderful person. May all the success bestow upon you!
14. Having a friend like you in the workplace is a gift. Bidding farewell is one difficult part today!
15. You always did a great job here in the organization. Your contributions and dedication will always be a prime example for others. Farewell!
16. We would like to thank you for helping us achieve our milestones and make us a better organization. Farewell, and may success follow you everywhere!
17. You have contributed to this company personally as well as inspired others to make a difference. This organization will always remember you as a great employee!
18. You have always been so much fun to be around. Thanks for being with the company through its ups and downs. Goodbye and all the best!
19. I have never come across someone so intelligent and smart like you during my job life. You were great to work with and you have given us tons of memories to relive with. Wish you all the best for your future!
20. You were one of the best colleagues I had and thank you for being by my side during those hectic days. It has been a pleasure!
Similar Articles: 8 Samples of Appreciation Letters To Employees
21. I will miss you and think of you. Thank you for the good memories that we shared together!
22. I never thought that a day like this would come when I would have to bid farewell to you. Thank you for everything and the sweet memories of working together!
23. Bidding goodbye to a colleague who has been more than a friend is really hard. I will miss you and it will be very difficult to fill the void left by you!
24. Just a quick note. As you move forward in your glorious future may luck and success be always with you.
25. Monthly targets and performance will come and go but the memories of working with a colleague like you will stay in my heart forever.
26. Here I was lucky to find someone like you. Hope we retain the friendship even after you have moved on. Saying goodbye with the hope of meeting you soon.
27. The tiring office hours seemed much more relaxing when you were around. You will be missed here with each passing day. Farewell and all the best!
28. You were an asset to the whole department. We are surely going to miss you out here. Wishing you a great future ahead!
29. As you embark on a new path we wish you nothing but all the luck and success for the bright future ahead.
30. When you came on the first day of your office you were all shy and had a very different personality but when you finally opened up we came to know how humble and talented you were. You have imprinted your footprints on our hearts forever. You will be missed heavily here. Thank you and all the best!
Similar Articles: 40 Perfect Messages To Show Appreciation For Good Work
31. Sometimes you realize the value of a person when you bid farewell to them. We will miss you here and all the best for your exciting future ahead.
32. May this goodbye be only momentary. And may the coming day bring you all the success both personally and professionally. Hope to meet you soon!
33. I want to hunt down the head hunter who hunted you and tell him that he has managed the best ever hunt. Farewell!
34. The cold meeting room walls will be much colder without the warm presence of a colleague like you. Farewell!
35. We are definitely worried about how the performance of our team will decrease when a colleague and an employee like you leaves. But what is more important that you will always have a special place in our hearts forever. Goodbye and all the luck!
36. You leaving this job is a cruel reminder that every good thing comes to an end. You might not be my colleague anymore but you will always remain my good friend. Farewell!
37. I know that your life is going to be much more exciting in your new job but I highly doubt that you will find awesome colleagues like us out there. But on a serious note, we are surely going to miss you and your work here. Thank you for everything and all the best!
38. Coming to work every day and not seeing you will be painful. But the fun memories of us in the office will never diminish. Farewell, friend!
39. On the outside, I may be smiling while I wish you farewell. But on the inside, I am desperately praying that you will quit your new job and come back to work with us again. Farewell.
40. If I had to play a final prank on you before bidding you farewell, I would tie your legs to your cubicle when you aren’t looking so that you can never leave us. Goodbye.
Similar Articles: 33 Remarkable Birthday Wishes For Employees
41. I would envy you for your new job, but right now I am just shocked and sad to know that you are leaving. Farewell to the colleague who made lunch breaks awesome and added life to dull team meetings.
42. Our boss may be sad because of losing a hardworking and efficient employee, but we are sad because of your heart-warming smile which we will no longer see. Goodbye and see you soon.
43. The only way up is by chasing your dreams. And now that you have taken a giant step and found your dream job, you are much closer in achieving what you always wanted. All the luck and warmth for your future!
44. I hope you will incorporate the same enthusiasm in your new workplace as you did here. Wishing you all the joy and success!
45. We are proud to have an employee like you as part of our team. Heartfelt congratulations and best wishes for your continued success.
46. Today our team is going to lose its sense of humor and its heartbeat. Farewell to the colleague who made every day seem like a treat.
47. Farewell to my favorite coworker. Still can’t believe you’re going. It just won’t be the same without you.
48. You’ve not only been a colleague but a mentor and friend. It’s going to be weird not having you around but I know we can’t hold you back. Good luck with everything.
49. I hope that your next boss will hate you so much so that he’ll kick you back here. Just kidding! Be good there and all the best for your new workplace.
50. It was a pleasure working with you and your loss will be greatly felt. Thank you for your time and dedication while you worked for us. Best wishes as you embark on a new challenge.
Similar Articles: 50 Appreciative Work Anniversary Wishes
51. Farewell to the colleague whose work ethics, discipline, and commitment towards the organization is legendary and can never be contested. This company is losing an amazing employee and us- a true friend. You know you’ll succeed in all that you set your heart to. Our best wishes are always with you!
52. Our team is forever indebted to you for pulling us out of hard spots and taking all the hard work up for yourself. You will always be a part of this team. Any organization would be extremely lucky to have you. Good luck and farewell friend!
53. If your work here is of any indication, we know we’ll go on to do great things in your new organization as well. It’s time to move on to the prominent, bigger, and better phase of your career. Do your best and have a successful life ahead.
54. Our band of awesome colleagues will fall one short with you gone. You were an integral part of our team and always did an impeccable job. You’ll always be a part of this team. Farewell!
55. Thanks for being my mentor, confidante, and a true friend. You’ll always stay in my heart. Goodbye, and please keep in touch.
56. Your strategic thinking and decision making skills have enabled us to excel in our targets and performance appraisals. We appreciate all the things we have learned from you. Good luck and farewell.
57. It’s cruel to us that you are leaving but we wouldn’t be happier for you to achieve new heights of success. It’s time to move on to bigger things and we know you’re the best person for that. Good luck.
58. The kindness you showed me, a new hire, from my first day will forever stay in my heart. Though it’s your time to move on, I know it’s in your best interest to do so. Please keep in touch.
59. We want to hunt down the head hunter who scoured you and congratulate him on his great find. It was a pleasure working with you. Good luck and farewell.
60. I will miss working with a colleague who is both- fun and hard working. The meetings are going to be boring without you in it. Farewell, my friend.
Similar Articles: Appreciation Mail To Team For Better Morale
61. Trying to achieve the monthly targets and performance standards without you is going to be a tough one to crack. I hope your new colleagues appreciate the skills that you’re going to bring to the table as much as we do. Please keep in touch.
62. During your time here you were nothing but helpful, encouraging, and supportive. You’re a true friend and having you as a colleague was a marvelous experience. You truly deserve this new awesome phase of your career. Good luck!
63. Your last day is literally one of the saddest events in our work life. Your humor, helpfulness, and innovative nature will make you a very successful person one day. We are glad that we got to share ideas and work with you. Do well.
64. The memories we shared will always be treasured. You were a true friend to all and your new awesome salary is a telltale sign of that. While it is painful to bid you farewell, we know you’re meant for bigger and better things. Good luck and do stay in contact.
65. As the final prank, we should tie you down so that you can never leave us. It was an absolute pleasure working with you. Goodbye!
66. We all wish that the head hunter, who hunted you down for the new job, call you up and ask you to forget the new job. You are the best troublemaker this team ever had and it would be a pity to let you go. We’re pretty sure your new awesome colleagues will send you back soon enough but still, we bid you farewell!
67. Your leaving the company is the best thing to happen in a while. Finally, all of us can stop giggling and actually get some work done. Don’t annoy your new colleagues too much. Please keep in touch!
68. It was a great pleasure working with a colleague who was so terrible that he made us look good in front of the boss. You are a true friend. We’ll miss you!
69. I know your new awesome salary is a large motivator but we could try to keep you here with us by promising you free food and snacks. We'll miss you a lot. Farewell.
70. Your new colleagues wouldn’t love your jokes and humor as much as we do. Do remember the memories we shared. We wish you the best of luck for your future endeavors.
Similar Articles: 25 Simple Yet Awesome Welcome Messages for New Employees
71. Farewell to the colleague who is most definitely going to be the “gossip bringer” in his new workplace too. Don’t forget to stay in contact. Farewell!
72. You might be getting an awesome salary in your new job but you’ll never get as awesome colleagues like us. You know we’d want you to love to stay here but still, farewell!
73. Do you think you’ll be able to complete your monthly targets and performance standards without us? Just tear up your resignation letter and continue being a part of the awesome colleagues’ circle till we retire together. Good luck and farewell!
74. Today marks the end of our torment of being annoyed by your bad jokes and annoying chatter. In spite of all, we will miss seeing your annoying face every day. May you get sent back from the new job, back to us. We bid you farewell!
75. Having a true friend as a colleague is worse because no one else can quite pull off the pranks that you did. I will miss you, mate. Good luck and farewell.
76. It will be fun to watch you scramble to complete your monthly targets and performance appraisal goals without me to help you out. I hope your new company sends you back to us. Best of luck!
77. It will be good to know all the mischief that you manage to do in your new workplace. Please keep in touch. Good luck and farewell.
78. Working here was a simple walk in the park. Now you have to make a great leap. It’s time to move on to greater things. But know this that the sweet memories we shared will forever remain with me. Farewell friend.
79. I am proud of you for quitting this job and going on to build your own startup (like you always have wanted to do). Go on and change the world. Good luck for your future endeavors.
Similar Articles: 25 Employee Appreciation Quotes for Managers
80. I have seen you refusing an awesome salary and working hard to get where you are. You have the capacity of greatness and everyone who meets you know that. Good luck, buddy.
81. Your ambition scares me sometimes but I know you will go on to have a phenomenal career. You are going to be the next big thing even before you know it. Keep on working hard. Farewell, my friend.
82. Your words will always stay in my heart and guide me during tough times. I will remember your wisdom, guidance, and memories that we shared. Farewell!
83. You were always the seeker, the achiever. I know you have a lot of plans in life and I wish you go on to smash all of them. Good luck with all your future endeavors.
84. May your dreams remain big and your obstacles minor. We know that the new awesome salary is only the starting of a new journey. Stay true to yourself and your values and you’ll surely go far in life. Goodbye.
85. Never stop looking for new opportunities and better work. You’re meant for great things. It has been a great pleasure working and learning from you. Goodbye.
86. The world is your oyster. May you go on to have a fascinating, rewarding, & enriching journey at whatever you do. Wishing you all the best for your future.
87. Your achievements have bought our team great pride and satisfaction. Your ideas are far too good to let it go to waste. Share it, implement it, change the world. Don’t hide the awesome person that we know you are. Thank you and goodbye.
88. Without a fun-loving, awesome colleague like you, our team lunches are going to be more sober and less fun. Good luck with your future endeavors.
Do you have any additional farewell messages that you frequently use? Do tell us in the comments below!